Thursday, July 1, 2010

hiking, kid concerts, the yankees




Hi Friends and Family!

The rest of my time in Aspen was amazing! We spent a lot of time at the pool, library, playground, and eating at fancy restaurants. We went to a Rodeo and Sabine entered in the cattle scramble-where you try to grab a ribbon off a running cattle's tail! It was fun. My last day there Kristen gave me the day off to do a long hike, and long it was! Myself and two other nannies hiked from the bottom of the Aspen mountain all the way to the top! I was very proud of myself. It took about 3 1/2 hours. The view was spectacular, so it made having a sore bum and calves totally worth it!

We went home earlier than planned, but I was ready to be back in the city. The city impressed me this week. I had so much fun with the kids and really experienced a lot of the culture. Sabine, Gabriel, and I went to the museum, a children's rock concert in Madison Square park, central park zoo, seeing Toy Story 3, a beautiful walk through Central park, and playing a lot with water balloons.

I don't consider my time here "work" anymore. I absolutely love these kids, and the time I spend with them is fun and enjoyable. I tend to hang out with the kids even when its my day off!

On my day off I saw "Eclipse: Twilight Saga". I have been looking forward to seeing this movie for months! It was fun to watch it in an IMAX theater. Also, I went to a Yankees game with Kristen's sister Laura. She is my age so we had a lot of fun together! I found a $3 yankee shirt from TJ Maxx so I looked like I was a fan! The Green's would be proud (or at least I think Lisa and Todd are fans?)

So whats planned for this 4th of July weekend? THE HAMPTONS! We're spending TEN days in the Hamptons at Kristen's grandparents house. They live right on the beach! I can't wait to soak in the sun and run on the beach.

I'll post more once I'm at their beach house. I love you and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment