Monday, July 12, 2010

I could vacation here every year!


Hello friends!

It's been a long time since I've posted, sorry! I have really bad internet connection here, as well as no phone service.

Right now I'm staying for 2 weeks in a tiny town in South Hampton called Bellport. It is very cute and perfect for a long vacation! Kristen's grandparents own a really nice beach home that is right on the water! We spend hours on the beach: boogie boarding, laying out, reading, making castles, finding sea shells, etc. We also do a lot of swimming in their pool, bike rides into town, and consuming a lot of ice cream at the local parlor called Carla Marla's. One day we drove all the way to Montauk point: the most eastern point of the United States. There was a beautiful lighthouse there. We also spent a day going to Wineries and doing some wine tasting. I have to add that my palette for wine tasting is getting so much better!

This family has been such a blessing to me! I couldn't have asked for a family so kind, loving, and welcoming. Kristen's extended family is really cool. She has two sister's that came along who are also married and have kids, which means my nannying responsibilities quadrupled over this trip! I do a lot of nannying at night when the adults go to dinner parties or out to a restaurant.

When I get time off I do a lot of reading, running, and swimming. Yesterday I ran in the Clipper Classic 5k! All the kids cheered me on so it was really fun. I also was able to visit my friend Leah, who is only a short train ride away!

I'm leaving to go back to the city on Thursday. I'm looking forward to that because my bff cousin Dorinda and Aunt Katie are visiting for 5 days! I am so excited to spend time with them and to explore the city. Dorinda is going to love it!

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well. I felt super homesick yesterday because it was my sister's birthday and everyone was together hanging out. I miss my family so much! Even though I love the city I feel like I'm ready to go home. I'm ready to be with family, friends, and most importantly Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment