Saturday, July 31, 2010

Maine



Hello Followers!

I am blogging from the great state of Maine! I was sad to see a post on my fb wall from a friend stating that 2nd to Iowa, Maine is the most uneventful state. Well, I guess I can agree that it is "uneventful", but people don't vacation in Maine for thrills, excitement, and a fast paced environment. People come to Maine to relax, think, and to absorb God's beautiful earth.

Our first night here we stayed in Kennebunkport, the famous location of the Bush's summer home. I jogged past it one morning. The place we stayed was very quaint. We had a great pool and great food!

Now we are in Small Point staying at an elite "club". It is a house that holds 15 rooms, and is a "members only" place to stay. Men wear suits to dinner, women wear dresses, shoes are always worn in the house, screaming is not permitted, children are not allowed in the dining hall after 7pm, and there is no internet or cell phone use in the building (ok, I've been cheating a little). Even with all the rules it is a great place to stay. We have a private beach to walk on, and during the low tide (around 9am), you can run for miles! My morning run is my favorite part of the day. I can get away, listen to some good music, and absorb how wonderful my summer has been. This experience is truly the best I've ever had.

The past few days we typically hang out on the beach, check out some light houses, play tennis, run, and eat good food. I take care of the kids for a few hours in the morning, and then every night from 6pm-9pm. The parents eat dinner with the other adults, while I eat with the kids table and take them upstairs to watch a movie, read books, and put them to bed.

We're in Maine until Sunday, then we stay in Vermont for a week at Charles' mom's horse ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment