Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Aunt Katie and Dorinda come to visit!



The last few days of my time in South Hampton was long and tiring, but fun at the same time. I experienced what its like to be a full time stay at home mom, and boy was it hard! The family went into the city to show their cousins around while I took care of Gabriel for 3 days by myself at the beach house. Gabriel and I became very close and he likes me a lot, but there were a few times I felt a little overwhelmed!

After two weeks we drove back to the city. That night my Aunt Katie and cousin Dorinda came and stayed for 5 days! I was so glad they visited-I really needed my own family and someone familiar to be with. We had so much fun walking to all different places in the city! They were such troopers and we saw so much: Times Square, Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero, Madison Ave, Columbus circle, central park, Statue of Liberty, south Seaport, and so much more! Dorinda really liked the city, and it was great she got to see the house I live in and to meet the family I'm staying with. Gabriel and Sabine really liked them, and Sabine got Dorinda and I mixed up a few times because we look so much alike!

Dorinda and Katie left on Tuesday morning, and afterwards I took Sabine and Gabriel to the Metropolitan Museum of Art for Sabine's art lessons. She is doing it for 1 full week. Pushing 2 kids in a stroller for 40 blocks can get very tiring for my legs, but its a great workout! Afterwards we play in a really cool park that has fountains for them to splash in. Luckily I've been able to catch up with some friends on the phone while they play! Then the 40 block walk back. The heat in NYC is sometimes unbearable, but I'm starting to get used to it.

I'm tempted to take a train to Washington DC this weekend, but I don't have a place to stay and I can't do the trip in a day....boo. Hopefully Leah is home so we can hang out again.

A week from today we leave for yet ANOTHER vacation! We are driving to Maine and staying there for 4 days, then driving back to Vermont for the remaining week! Maine is one of my favorite vacation spots, so I'm very excited to stay there!

I love and miss you all, and I'm already counting down the days till I'm back in NW Iowa- 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment